Most days I get up early and do a workout in the morning. It’s the time I have the most energy and I can get more out of my workout. I’m not a big fan of working out later during the day or in the evenings. I can easily get distracted and make up excuses to skip my workout. There are many benefits of working out in the morning.
9 benefits of working out in the morning:
- You’ll have the rest of the day free. Getting your workout done in the morning means that you’ll have time for other priorities the rest of the day.
- You’ll be more focused throughout the day. Morning workouts increase your alertness and you’ll be able to maintain your focus for longer during the day.
- You’ll be less likely to come up with excuses and skip your workout. Since it’s the first thing you have planned for the day it’s less likely you will skip your workout. During the day there’s an array of distractions that can come up that hinder your plan to workout.
- Your metabolism will receive a boost. A workout will help boost your metabolism and burns calories after it. Use this benefit by working out in the morning, because you’ll burn more calories during the day.
- Better mood for the rest of the day. Workouts release endorphins, the feel-good hormones. A morning workout will keep you in a better mood during the day.
- You’ll be more active during the day. A morning workout will keep you motivated to remain active and moving all day.
- Develop self-discipline. If you make a habit out of it, you’ll develop more self-discipline that can help you in other aspects of your life.
- You would want to eat healthy for the rest of the day. Because you started the day off with a workout, it will be much easier to eat healthy throughout the day.
- You’ll avoid the crowds. There’ll be less people working out in the mornings compared to the evenings. Empty gym means more equipments and weights for you to use.
As you can see there are many benefits of working out in the morning. At first, it was also difficult for me to get used to. But by doing different tricks that I mentioned in my how to wake up early and workout post, it became a habit. And now I can’t even think on working out later during the day or in the evenings. Morning workouts work best for me, but not everyone is the same. It can be that workouts later in the day are the best options for you. By all means, do you if that’s the case. But do make a conscious choice on what works for you and give all options a try.